#cohenstrong

LITTLE FIGHTER

Cohen’s Mommy’s Monday Afternoon Update

Not much of an update because we are still searching for answers and aren’t really sure what’s going on. But he is awake some but still very lethargic and weak and not really with us all the time..he is still running a temp and not able to move a whole lot. His tummy isn’t making any improvements so we done another X-ray and they are consulting with general surgery now. They have swabbed for 8-10 viral infections because he’s starting to get a bad cough and a runny nose.

COHENSTRONG IS HOLDING ON!

Cohen’s Mommy’s Monday Morning update

FB_IMG_1521466546597

Cohen has been in and out of it since last night. He is still very weak and lethargic and we are still fighting a fever..his belly is still very extended and not making any progress so everything is still paralyzed stomach wise.. but overall he is still waking up appropriately. We give all the praise to God. This whole week has been the worst days of my life. I honestly just feel as if it is a bad dream. But I feel that God just wanted to show us that with our faith and trust in him all things are possible. When we were told yesterday that they didn’t have an answer to whether he would wake up or not my heart sank and I started to question why..but we immediately started singing worship songs to him, praying and handing it over to God. He has took care of him this long I knew he would continue to do so. I’m still very scared and afraid and we are still trying to get some answers but I feel he is coming back to us!! Thank you Jesus! And thank you to everyone that is lifting Cohen up in prayer. My family and I honestly couldn’t thank you enough. We still have a long road ahead of us so don’t stop praying!! 💙
#cohenstrong

THANK YOU!!

Cohen’s Mommy’s Sunday Night Update

FB_IMG_1521431440521I just to say THANK YOU!!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everyone that has been praying for my angel.
He is starting to respond to us again and actually stayed awake longer than a few seconds.
I honestly believe it was a miracle.. this is the first time I felt comfortable leaving his sight to set down since 3am this morning. His meningitis and EEG both came back negative! We are still trying to fight a very high fever.. and they are still pretty concerned and still aren’t sure what’s going on so we are not out of the woods yet.. but we are hopeful!!! I really don’t think he would of made any improvement if it wasn’t for everyone praying for him. We have stood by his bed sight for hours upon hours crying and praying and singing worship to him while he laid there lifeless and all of a sudden he was with us again. One of the worst days of my life has turned into such a miracle from God. We have kept our faith and He has moved mountains. Please keep praying because like I said we aren’t out of the woods yet and still have a lot to figure out. So please don’t stop praying for my little miracle boy!!!
#cohenstrong

ALL WE CAN ASK IS TO PLEASE KEEP PRAYING

Cohen’s Mommy’s Sunday Afternoon Update

FB_IMG_1521405567685

This has been one of the hardest days of my life. Cohen is still not coming to us.. they came in and gave meds to reverse any medication they have given in the last week.. and they were very hopeful it would bring him to.. but it didn’t. He is still in pretty much a coma state with some whining and moving at times. His temp is in the 103s ..
He has slept for 6 days now and everyone is getting really concerned. They have come in to check for seizures again and started an EEG.
They are about to do a spinal tap to check for Meningitis. They are very worried and don’t understand what’s going on at all.
I honestly feel like this is a nightmare..
if this test comes back negative we aren’t too sure what our next step will be.
PLEASE DO NOT STOP PRAYING. I can’t live without my baby boy.

WE ARE ASKING FOR IMMEDIATE PRAYERS!!!

He’s in there…please pray we get our baby back!!! 

Doctors came in and gave him medicine to reverse all the meds in his system.  We saw a glimmer of hope then he went back to his lethargic state. The Neuro Team is being contacted. They came by earlier and said they wanted to check for silent seizures again if the reversal med didn’t work. We are waiting and praying.  Please pray for Mommy and Daddy too. This is so hard on them.

Cohen today

Cohen Pre-Surgery

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

HEAR OUR CRIES!!!

Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Cohen’s Mommys Sunday Morning update.  

We still aren’t seeing any signs of progression. They came in this morning and milked some blood from him to send off more labs to see if yet again we are missing something. We can’t really get him to wake up and he isn’t really responding much to anything you do to him. We are still having to cath him because he isn’t peeing on his own. We had a couple of bowl movements yesterday evening so we started him back on feeds which he didn’t tolerate and started vomiting about 4 this am. They are going to do another X-ray on his tummy because it’s more firm again than it was a few hours ago and still very large. Since day one I have kept replaying over and over in my head “There is Power in the Name of Jesus” because that seems to be the only thing that is keeping me going..Lord Jesus please heal my baby boy. I cry out to you to please bring my happy, smiling, loving precious baby boy back to me. I really don’t know how much more I can take seeing him so lifeless. Please please don’t stop praying for him.
#cohenstrong

HE MOVES MOUNTAINS

Cohen’s Mommys Saturday Afternoon Update.  

I finally got to hold my little angel boy today. And they have been doing a lot of talking with doctors and genetics to see if they can figure out what’s going on and they think they have some answers.
They are thinking that all of the pain meds and anesthesia he was given is not metabolizing in his system and just setting there. (It’s a motility issue)
So all of the anesthesia, sedatives, anxiety and pain medicines that he has been receiving around the clock is not leaving his body and that is keeping him pretty much in a state of..or sometimes just above comatose/or coma ..This is what they are thinking right now…so now it’s how to treat it to bring him back without sending his little body and system into a state of shock and excruciating pain. Please just pray that soon this will all just be behind us and we can have our baby boy back. Seeing him like this is really crushing me.
#cohenstrong

WITH FAITH IN GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Our faith is strong. Let’s move some mountains today!!!

Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Cohen’s Mommy’s Saturday Morning  FB_IMG_1521287825737Updates

Not a whole lot of change since last night but we did break the fever again and heart rate is down some! We ended up having to put him back on oxygen because his O2 kept dropping. His veins have all almost blown and they are needing blood work again this morning so they are trying to figure that out now. We are really hoping for a better day today and to make progress!
#cohenstrong

Please Keep Praying!!!

Cohen’s Mommy’s Friday Evening Update

 I feel like we are on a roller coaster.. Cohen is starting to run a fever again..heart rate, respiration’s, and BP is all back up and his O2 is staying a little low. Please pray we find answers!! My poor baby boy is miserable.
#cohenstrong