Note from Cohen’s Lolli
Please forgive the late update…this Lolli was getting some much needed CohLol time.
Cohen’s Mommy’s Saturday Update
We are 19 days post op from our brain and cranial surgery. This has been a living nightmare.. our worst fears came to life. Our baby boy went into a coma like state for almost a week.. his whole tummy was paralyzed and wasn’t sending blood flow and oxygen to his intestines. They had to go in last week for a major stomach surgery to remove 20% of his colon and an abscess that had leaked into his lower colon. He had to have a colostomy bag placed in his tummy so he could use the bathroom, with the plan for reversal surgery in a few months. He has now developed a severe infection and has 2 abscesses on his colon and bowel. The infection is having to be taken care of by infectious disease because there is only one antibiotic in the world that can cure this bacteria that’s growing. They postponed a surgery on Friday on the abscesses to see if his body could fight, with the help of this new super antibiotic medication. So far…not so good. His fever goes down for a short time in the morning but goes back up in the evening…which seems to be the way of his progress. He seems to be improving in the AM , but as the day goes on his pain level grows and his progress seems to slide back down hill. If his fever does not improve the infectious disease doctors will re-evaluate the course of action on Monday, if not sooner. We are still patiently waiting to have our baby boy back to normal. We will be here at least another 2/3 weeks and then back again in another 2-3 months for another major stomach surgery for our baby boy. We thank each and everyone of you for your prayers, encouragement, support and love you have shown to our sweet baby and us during these difficult times. We ask for your continued prayers for Cohen…that he continues to fight and the doctors…that HE shows them the right course of action to bring complete healing to his little body.
Note from Cohens Lolli
Please forgive the late update…this Lolli was getting some much needed CohLol time
Cohen’s Mommy’s Friday update…
Still patiently waiting to see if these antibiotics will start to help our little bug. Cohen has slept most the day on mommy and set up to play for a little bit and got a brand new teddy bear. So overall a pretty eventful day. 💙 I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to everyone who has messaged, text, posted, shared, prayed, donated and has kept up with our little man.. he sure is loved by many. My family and I couldn’t thank you enough!
Cohen’s Mommy’s Thursday Evening Update
So here is the latest update we have on Cohens abscesses (their are 2).. They are questioning whether or not to go in and drain the abscess’s because of where they are at in Co’s tummy..infectious disease did find an antibiotic that will fight off the bacteria!! THANK GOD!! But they did say that the anabiotic’s that they have put him on to cure the bacteria that’s growing in his body will not take care of the abscesses themselves only what’s growing inside them.. so they are hoping that his body will get strong enough to take over and fight them off..if not they will have to figure something out then. If he is still running a fever in the next couple days they will have to go in and remove them. One is on his liver and one is behind his bowels. They also said we are looking at least 2-3 more weeks on this specific antibiotics and it has to run through his PICC line.
Cohen’s Mommy’s Wednesday Evening Update
Update: So they found another abscess pocket in Cohens tummy. He will go in for a procedure tomorrow and they will put a drain in to drain all the infection out. Also the infection that he has is very severe and a rare form and that’s why the antibiotics aren’t working. Infectious disease will start following him tomorrow to see if they can figure out how to treat it. He is miserable.. and very sick! Please I’m asking from the bottom of my heart not to stop praying our little boy.
Cohen’s Mommy’s Wednesday update
“Hold my hand, God, and guide the way, heal me and protect me everyday. Let me know what’s wrong and right and keep me safe both day and night. Let me know what you have planned, lead the way God, hold my hand”
They have scheduled a sedated CT scan tomorrow morning to make sure he hasn’t developed another abscess in his tummy. His fever hasn’t broke yet and they are concerned something else might be going on again.
Please continue to pray for my little angel! 💙
Cohen’s Mommy’s Thursday Evening Update
“But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength”
2 Timothy 4:17
Not much of an update again tonight..
We are patiently waiting for his fever to break.
We are patiently waiting for him to be able to start feeds again.
We are patiently waiting for him to have strength to play and to scoot around and be our silly Cohen again.
We are patiently waiting to see our little boy happy and back to hisself.
Being patient has been the hardest thing for this mommy to do!!
He is still very sick due to this infection and still keeping a persistent fever. He is still very weak and can’t do much without strong pain medicine..
The surgeon said If the fever don’t break soon we will have to go back in for another CT scan of his tummy to make sure nothing else is going on. He hasn’t been sleeping much at all..an hour or so here and there so please pray for comfort and rest for my sweet boy. Pray that things will start looking up soon and we can get our sweet, silly, happy, courageous little boy back! 💙
Cohen’s Mommy’s Sunday Night Update
Cohen has a pretty bad infection in his tummy and incision. They had to open half of it today and pack it so the infection could come out. They only did half of the incision today and will finish the rest tomorrow. It’s excruciating pain for him so he’s on steady strong pain meds every couple hours. The pain meds make it where he can actually sit up now (for short amounts of time) but it’s still progress! 💙 I will continue to have faith that all this is for a reason and it’s in God’s plan to make us even stronger as a family.
Cohen’s Mommy’s Sunday Morning Update
Cohen has not had a good night at all!..he might of got an hour or so of sleep. Also his incision saturated his blanket and his sheets during the night. They have had to give strong pain meds throughout the night and it’s barely helping. The surgeons came in and looked at his incision and it’s infected and they will have to take him back to the OR and cut it back open and let the infection out.. he honestly can’t catch a break. I think Im more than over bad news.. “Hang in there” is the phrase I have been told probably over 50 times by surgeons, doctors and nurses since we have been here and honestly I’m not sure if I can anymore. I’m literally breaking into pieces watching him suffer every single day!
Cohen’s Mommy’s Saturday Update
Our little precious is not doing so great today. He is happy and wanting to play a little with his toys only when he is on strong pain meds. When they start wearing off he’s miserable.. 😔 they are keeping a close eye out on his incision for an infection because it’s starting to drain and it’s puffy and red. He also started running another fever today..
Lord we need you to heal our baby boy! 💙