Cohen’s Mommy’s Monday Update


Our little angel has been sleeping a lot lately.. hopefully it’s because his body is trying to fight off these abscesses and infection. His fever finally broke and it has been staying pretty stable
(Thank you Jesus!!) we are not out of the woods yet and we are still waiting to see what their plan will be on putting drains in the two existing abscesses. They came in and did his routine dressing change yesterday on the incision they are keeping open for the infection to drain out..and we were told this morning they were a little concerned about how it looked. They will come in again today and see what may be going on. We serve a mighty God and it may be very slow but I feel as if some days we are making some improvement.
Cohen makes an effort everyday to fight this battle!! ❤️



Cohen’s Mommy’s Easter Sunday Update


Sorry for not updating yesterday.. Our little man didn’t have that good of a day! 😔 We are trying to make the best of everything but some days are harder than others.. we are 21 days in and counting away from home and in an environment that is very traumatizing to him..His anxiety gets worse everyday that we are here.

The occasional happy faces we get from him make our whole day. ❤️❤️

He is still spiking pretty high fevers and hurts pretty severely without very strong pain medication.. which is very disappointing considering we thought maybe he would be able to fight these abscesses by himself and they wouldn’t have to go in and take them out but he isn’t progressing as much as they would hope.

Tomorrow they are going to discuss going in again and taking them out..they think at this point it’s our only option. Please continue to pray for our little man and our family as we fight to stay strong.

“Be strong and courageous do not be afraid do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go”
Joshua 1:9
#cohenstrong #happyeaster


Note from Cohen’s Lolli
Please forgive the late update…this Lolli was getting some much needed CohLol time.

Cohen’s Mommy’s Saturday Update


We are 19 days post op from our brain and cranial surgery. This has been a living nightmare.. our worst fears came to life. Our baby boy went into a coma like state for almost a week.. his whole tummy was paralyzed and wasn’t sending blood flow and oxygen to his intestines. They had to go in last week for a major stomach surgery to remove 20% of his colon and an abscess that had leaked into his lower colon. He had to have a colostomy bag placed in his tummy so he could use the bathroom, with the plan for reversal surgery in a few months. He has now developed a severe infection and has 2 abscesses on his colon and bowel. The infection is having to be taken care of by infectious disease because there is only one antibiotic in the world that can cure this bacteria that’s growing. They postponed a surgery on Friday on the abscesses to see if his body could fight,  with the help of this new super antibiotic medication. So far…not so good. His fever  goes down for a short time in the morning but goes back up in the evening…which seems to be the way of his progress. He seems to be improving in the AM , but as the day goes on his pain level grows and his progress seems to slide back down hill. If his fever does not improve the infectious disease doctors will re-evaluate the course of action on Monday,  if not sooner. We are still patiently waiting to have our baby boy back to normal. We will be here at least another 2/3 weeks and then back again in another 2-3 months for another major stomach surgery for our baby boy.  We thank each and everyone of you for your prayers, encouragement, support and love you have shown to our sweet baby and us during these difficult times.  We ask for your continued prayers for Cohen…that he continues to fight and the doctors…that HE shows them the right course of action to bring complete healing to his little body.



Note from Cohens Lolli
Please forgive the late update…this Lolli was getting some much needed CohLol time

Cohen’s Mommy’s Friday update…


Still patiently waiting to see if these antibiotics will start to help our little bug. Cohen has slept most the day on mommy and set up to play for a little bit and got a brand new teddy bear. So overall a pretty eventful day. 💙 I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to everyone who has messaged, text, posted, shared, prayed, donated and has kept up with our little man.. he sure is loved by many. My family and I couldn’t thank you enough!


Cohen’s Mommy’s Thursday Evening Update


So here is the latest update we have on Cohens abscesses (their are 2).. They are questioning whether or not to go in and drain the abscess’s because of where they are at in Co’s tummy..infectious disease did find an antibiotic that will fight off the bacteria!! THANK GOD!! But they did say that the anabiotic’s that they have put him on to cure the bacteria that’s growing in his body will not take care of the abscesses themselves only what’s growing inside them.. so they are hoping that his body will get strong enough to take over and fight them off..if not they will have to figure something out then. If he is still running a fever in the next couple days they will have to go in and remove them. One is on his liver and one is behind his bowels. They also said we are looking at least 2-3 more weeks on this specific antibiotics and it has to run through his PICC line.


Cohen’s Mommy’s Wednesday Evening Update

Update: So they found another abscess pocket in Cohens tummy. He will go in for a procedure tomorrow and they will put a drain in to drain all the infection out. Also the infection that he has is very severe and a rare form and that’s why the antibiotics aren’t working. Infectious disease will start following him tomorrow to see if they can figure out how to treat it. He is miserable.. and very sick! Please I’m asking from the bottom of my heart not to stop praying our little boy.

Hold my hand, God

Cohen’s Mommy’s Wednesday update


“Hold my hand, God, and guide the way, heal me and protect me everyday. Let me know what’s wrong and right and keep me safe both day and night. Let me know what you have planned, lead the way God, hold my hand”

They have scheduled a sedated CT scan tomorrow morning to make sure he hasn’t developed another abscess in his tummy. His fever hasn’t broke yet and they are concerned something else might be going on again.
Please continue to pray for my little angel! 💙